Posted: Wed Nov 11, 2009 5:51 pm Post subject: Video Shares never appear in NPL
I recently did a whole lot of package upgrades and OS upgrade to my fedora box that was hosting my pytivo service. It was working nice and smooth before, but after the upgrade, I'm no longer seeing my shares in NPL. I've gone through the wiki troubleshoot list, and I don't see anything helpful in the python console window. I am hoping someone can suggest what else to check.
1. pytivo is running. I am running from command line, not a service
2. pytivo is accesible from server
3. pytivo is accesible via its IP address
4. pytivo is accesible from another computer. in addition to the specific test on the wiki, I am able to connect to it via browser on another machine, and everything looks good.
5. Tivos are receiving beacon. I have 3 tivos in house, I get 3 QueryContainer commands.
6. I added the dummy shares, and no NPL folder for "Video Test".
Photo shares work just fine. I have not re-verified music shares.
Attached is my pytivo.conf. I downloaded a fresh git pull from wmcbrine - same results.
I have probably done something dumb or overlooked a standard thing. I appreciate any nudge I can get in the right direction. Thanks everyone
Remove the Admin section from your conf. It's no longer needed because it's always on and all the settings that used to go under it should move to the Server section.
One other person has reported that having the Admin section defined causes shares not to appear in the NPL when using the newer wmcbrine gits. (Apparently having it there causes some Zeroconf error in announcing the shares.)
You cannot post new topics in this forum You cannot reply to topics in this forum You cannot edit your posts in this forum You cannot delete your posts in this forum You cannot vote in polls in this forum You cannot attach files in this forum You can download files in this forum