pyTivo Discussion Forum Forum Index pyTivo Discussion Forum
Answers and the development of pyTivo a TiVo transcoding server

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Very Slow Transfer to 1 of 3 tivos HD

Post new topic   Reply to topic    pyTivo Discussion Forum Forum Index -> Support
 View previous topic :: View next topic  
edrieger

PostPosted: Tue Dec 28, 2010 2:15 am    Post subject: Very Slow Transfer to 1 of 3 tivos HD Reply with quote

I have 3 tivo HDs, one of them is hard wired to my router and the other 2 are wireless.
All of a sudden within the last two days, ive been getting really slow transfer speeds from my windows PC to one of my wireless connected tivos. Im getting a transfer speed of 1.9MB/S, which is really slow compared to my other tivos where im getting between 8 and 10MB/S. Signal strength is not an issue. It was working great for over a year and then all of a sudden i started having this issue. could it by the network adapter? im using the TIVO branded wirless G adapter connecting to a netgear router. I saw other users having similar issues on this board, but a resolution was never given. i have rebooted my PC, rebooted the tivo. rebooted the rotuer.. Still having issues on this 1 tivo. the other 2 are fine. any suggestions would be greatly apprectiated.. thanks.
philhu

PostPosted: Tue Dec 28, 2010 2:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

change your wireless channel

Someone might have put something up interfering with the wireless signal

I'd also try to wire the unit, wireless sucks for HD
edrieger

PostPosted: Tue Dec 28, 2010 3:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

i wish i could wire it, but it would require alot of work. But is bothering me most, it was working fine before, and my other wireless works fine. The only thing that has changed is that i installed a new BOSE system as my receiver. I will change the wireless channel. i believe it was currently set to AUTO. But ill change it and report back.
edrieger

PostPosted: Tue Dec 28, 2010 3:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Believe it or not, changing the channel on my router actually worked. Im guessing the bose systems RF for the remote may have been causing this.
philhu

PostPosted: Wed Dec 29, 2010 3:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Bingo. I dropped all wireless and spent a weekend rippping open 2 walls while my wife was in Chicago to run wired cat 6 to my upstairs on both sides of the house. opened holes, put in 2 wires (redundant), 2 rg6, 2 hdmi etc, from home run in basement to upstairs bedrooms. Then put on snazzy panel for them. Then closed up the holes and repainted the 2 walls in question on the first floor.

I've had one too many wireless glitches. The auto stuff doesn't seem to be very auto to me.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    pyTivo Discussion Forum Forum Index -> Support All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: