pyTivo Discussion Forum Forum Index pyTivo Discussion Forum
Answers and the development of pyTivo a TiVo transcoding server

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

TiVo Desktop 2.6
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    pyTivo Discussion Forum Forum Index -> pyTivo
 View previous topic :: View next topic  
krkeegan
Site Admin

PostPosted: Sun May 04, 2008 5:21 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ok I merged this into a branch within my repo. It is now synced up with all the bug fixing and mods that wgw and I have been doing over the past few weeks. From what I have been reading this is the current status:
1. Push from the website interface works
2. Download now from the TiVo works
3. Subscription based downloading is not working(lacks the podcast support)

Please if I have something wrong let me know.

I am planning on merging this into my master and the windows installer(which will release it to the majority of pyTivo users). I plan on doing this without supplying any support for it yet.

My reasoning for this is as follows:
1. wgw and I have been doing some bug fixes and I would hate for these to get patched again by someone else.
2. It seems that the push support is at least stable. From my testing adding the push code doesn't make the rest of pyTivo unstable.

So I figure that basic users won't really know that push support is in pyTivo and therefore won't be using it. Which means their pyTivo install will still be stable.

And semi-advanced users who have been waiting to play with this can now do it more easily.

If anyone thinks that it is a bad idea to merge this into the windows installer let me know.

Kevin
wmcbrine

PostPosted: Sun May 04, 2008 2:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

krkeegan wrote:
3. Subscription based downloading is not working (lacks the podcast support)

No, it works. It's just a bit flaky (partly due to TiVo's servers bouncing up and down). You have to add the xmpp module for it to work.

ebf

PostPosted: Sun May 04, 2008 3:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

krkeegan wrote:
... 2. It seems that the push support is at least stable. ...

I am still wondering about NPL foldering and pyTiVo pushing transfers. Have we gained that magic like TiVo Desktop or do we still need known seriesIDs?
subatomic

PostPosted: Tue May 06, 2008 3:38 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

- krkeegan

thanks for updating the windows installer! I'm running it now.
any idea when webvideo will be added? I looked in plugins/ and didn't see a webvideo folder... (this adds support for the RSS-a-like feeds from the Download TV/Video / Other option on the tivo...)

No rush, if it's still in development, I totally understand. Smile

awesome work

ebf

PostPosted: Tue May 06, 2008 4:41 am    Post subject: Push? Reply with quote

krkeegan wrote:
Ok I merged this into a branch within my repo. It is now synced up with all the bug fixing and mods that wgw and I have been doing over the past few weeks. ...

I just upgraded to keegan's 05.02 update, from 03.28. I read this whole thread and cannot figure out how to get the "push" working. I have figured out that I need to add my TiVo account username and password. Am I supposed to install something other than the pyTiVo Windows installer? What is this "mind.py" file that I have seen mentioned? I do not have on in my pyTiVo folder. My web admin page only shows "This is a pyTivo server, pyTivo Web Configuration, pyTivo ToGo", no links to my shares.

Obviously, I am missing something. Can someone clue me in?

[edit] I think I do not have the version with the push technology in it-- I am running 05.02, but keegan's latest "repo" is the version that has it, right? Now if only I understood there to get this thing called a "repo"... Confused

[edit 2] OK, I think I grabbed the right snapshot. I extracted it into a new folder-- could I have installed the newer files over my current pyTiVo install? I can now see my shares on the web admin page. I am glad to see the foldering, but series' with different names are ending up in the same folder. I'll try to better explain later after I explore some more!
philhu

PostPosted: Wed May 07, 2008 4:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

ebf wrote:
krkeegan wrote:
... 2. It seems that the push support is at least stable. ...

I am still wondering about NPL foldering and pyTiVo pushing transfers. Have we gained that magic like TiVo Desktop or do we still need known seriesIDs?

I posted about a push putting a file into a folder under the same name on the tivo.

I didnt even have a metadata file for it, so it came over with the orig filename, in a folder with the orig filename. Displaying INFO for it shows a copyright message.

WMcbrine says that is normal, so I guess the magic is there
ebf

PostPosted: Wed May 07, 2008 6:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

philhu wrote:

I posted about a push putting a file into a folder under the same name on the tivo. ...

As I mentioned above, I found that all my shows, three different series, 5 transfers total, ended up in the same folder. I was so excited to get the push going, the first item I picked was a soap. All my soaps are in program named folders on the PC with a default.txt file for each soap program-- not each episode. When I do a pull from the TiVo, each transfer shows the Soap title, Emmerdale, for example, on its own in the root of the Now Playing List and the details page shows the file name (my default.txt file leaves out episodeTitle). However, when I push the same files, the NPL shows the file name, Emmerdale.20080501, the details page shows the file name (at the top) and nothing, literally "", in the area for the episodTitle. That was kind of weird, but when I transfered another episode of the same show, Emmerdale.200805.02, it went into a folder named Emmerdale.20080501 with the first episode. Inside that folder, there are two episodes both with the title "".

I decided to try a show with a full metadata file. I transfered two episodes of Shameless, each file had a metatdatafile with seriesTitle, episodeTitle and program description. They both ended up in the Emmerdale.20080501 folder, without any titles showing in the folder list or on the details page, but with the episodeTitle (from the metadata file) at the top of the details page as well as the correct description.

My third attempt to break out of the Emmerdale.20080501 folder was to restart pyTiVo and transfer a movie, with a complete metatdata file. It also ended up in the same folder as the other push transfers.

Weird.
wmcbrine

PostPosted: Wed May 07, 2008 7:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yeah, there are still some problems with the push feature.
ebf

PostPosted: Wed May 07, 2008 10:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

wmcbrine wrote:
Yeah, there are still some problems with the push feature.

I understand that. I am happy I figured out how to make it go! I hope my report of the issues I have seen is helpful as the option continues to be developed!
wgw

PostPosted: Thu May 08, 2008 12:37 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I changed my initial push folder name on the tivo by renaming a 1 minute clip to PUSH VIDEO FOLDER.MPG. Then I edited mind.py and deleted one of the characters from "Stephanie" in the source parameter. Or you can replace the entire string with something like '123456'. Then I pushed the file PUSH VIDEO FOLDER.MPG to my tivo. Now all my pushed videos are placed in a folder called PUSH VIDEO FOLDER. That will tide me over with a better folder name until the feature is further developed.

Last edited by wgw on Thu May 08, 2008 1:46 am; edited 1 time in total
ebf

PostPosted: Thu May 08, 2008 1:45 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

wgw wrote:
... Then I edited mind.py and deleted one of the characters from "Stephanie" in the source parameter. ...

What do you mean about deleting a character? My source line says:

'source' : 'file:/C%3A%2FDocuments%20and%20Settings%2FStephanie%2FDesktop%2FVideo',

What did you change yours to?
wgw

PostPosted: Thu May 08, 2008 1:49 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

You can actually just replace it with 'source' : '123456',
ebf

PostPosted: Thu May 08, 2008 1:59 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

wgw-- Did you empty out your previous folder first? My "PC Transfers" file is in the Emmerdale.20080501 folder. Darn.
wgw

PostPosted: Thu May 08, 2008 2:08 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

ebf wrote:
wgw-- Did you empty out your previous folder first? My "PC Transfers" file is in the Emmerdale.20080501 folder. Darn.

Yes I deleted all previous push transfers. And I deleted everything from the Recently Deleted folder but I don't think that's necessary.

xkahn

PostPosted: Thu May 22, 2008 12:25 pm    Post subject: The __pcBodySearch error traceback Reply with quote

Just a note that I was getting that traceback at first. It turned out that I'd typo'd my tivo.com login information in the configuration file. So that's a great first thing to check.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    pyTivo Discussion Forum Forum Index -> pyTivo All times are GMT
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next
Page 7 of 8

Jump to: