pyTivo Discussion Forum Forum Index pyTivo Discussion Forum
Answers and the development of pyTivo a TiVo transcoding server

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

TiVo Desktop 2.6
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    pyTivo Discussion Forum Forum Index -> pyTivo
 View previous topic :: View next topic  
dlfl

PostPosted: Mon Apr 07, 2008 4:31 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

real_armooo wrote:
dlfl you don't have Find Programs | Download TV, Movies & Web Video | Browse Other Videos on your tivo? This plugin should respond to requests from the HME app that tivo is running. It sends a request to your PC to download a video. You should be seeing some https connections to mind.tivo.com on startup and a xmpp connection to 208.73.181.192:5224 (That will start tls).

OH....... Thanks. But what about the 100% cpu load when doing nothing? Do we need a sleep or thread yield somewhere?

Also, do I need to open port 5224 on my router?

real_armooo
pyTivo Creator

PostPosted: Mon Apr 07, 2008 4:43 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ok it looks like I misread the documentation for the xmpp library. I thought a timeout of 0 would block.

It is an outbound connection to 208.73.181.192:5224 to unless you are filtering outbound connections you should be ok.
sicklybutsexy

PostPosted: Mon Apr 07, 2008 10:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

This is what I get every time I try to push a video to one of my tivo's. I have a 649 and a 540:

local variable 'pc_body_id' referenced before assignment

Traceback (most recent call last):
File "C:\Documents and Settings\jay\My Documents\Pytivo\pyTivo-201\plugins\video\video.py", line 474, in Push
subtitle = file_info['name'])
File "C:\Documents and Settings\jay\My Documents\Pytivo\pyTivo-201\mind.py", line 49, in pushVideo
'pcBodyId' : pc_body_id,
UnboundLocalError: local variable 'pc_body_id' referenced before assignment
dlfl

PostPosted: Tue Apr 08, 2008 12:00 am    Post subject: How do I know if it's working? Reply with quote

Now running the latest download with the pc_body fix. As far as I can tell from the command window it is connecting to everythning ok at startup. I order up a download from my TiVo but nothing seems to happen. Does this occur later whenever some TiVo site feels like doing it?
sicklybutsexy

PostPosted: Tue Apr 08, 2008 1:14 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

This is now what I get when I try to push a video to the tivo with the lastest download pyTivo-0b5554584f8f91075dedc0252c2448e3322342c5:

__init__() takes exactly 3 arguments (4 given)

File "C:\Documents and Settings\jay\My Documents\Pytivo\pyTivo-201\plugins\video\video.py", line 457, in Push
m = mind.Mind(username, password, True)
TypeError: __init__() takes exactly 3 arguments (4 given)
dlfl

PostPosted: Tue Apr 08, 2008 4:18 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Finally read Wmcbrine's earlier post more carefully and selected one of the downloads with the computer icon beside it. The last thing in my command window was:

INFO:pyTivo.webvideo:Downloading http://a.media.abcnews.com/podcasts/WN/08/03/08
0328_wn_webcasta.mov to c:\video\web\tivo:bo.15000061-080328_wn_webcasta.mov

A zero-length file named just "tivo" appeared in my download folder -- and that's all that happened. I suspect the ':' follwing 'tivo' in the download file name is the problem - not good for Windows!

subatomic

PostPosted: Tue Apr 08, 2008 4:52 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

real_armooo wrote:
Ok webvideo should now be "working".

that's great, thanks!
how do I get this software? I see so many different forks under CurrentRelease, but nothing as new as April 7th, which is when you announced "webvideo was working".
Do I need to dig into the Browse Source on trac? is there an easy way to get a tarball of this?
I have been using krkeegan's windows installer, which was last updated 3.28.2008.
Is there a date that we expect to have the webvideo added to the windows installer?
Is there a file, or files, I can grab to patch the windows installer to support webvideos?
Is it completely finished, or does support for the tivo pushing subscription requests to pyTivo still need to be tested/finished up? (it sounded like you got video folders working, but maybe hadn't tested the webvideo yet?)
real_armooo wrote:
If anyone knows a video that will come out soon I will subscribe to it.

for me, with TDplus, you don't have to wait for new videos to be added to the feed, they would simply start downloading... I immediately got 5 new videos when I subscribed to ted talks for example, using TDplus.

thanks for the info...

dlfl

PostPosted: Tue Apr 08, 2008 6:42 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I got around the ':' problem by adding a code patch to webvideo.py that replaced all but the first ':' with dashes. I've successfully downloaded two videos, one .mov and one .mp4, but pyTivo crashes when in runs ffmpeg on them (to get info I believe). Also neither file would play in any software player I have, including VLC. Normally either VLC or WMP11 play .mp4's OK on my setup (ffdshow installed). Here is a fragment from the command window for the .mp4 file:

INFO:pyTivo.webvideo:Done downloading http://www.podtrac.com/pts/redirect.mp4?ht
tp://podcasts.g4tv.com/videoDB/018/566/video18566/go_niles_day4_pod.mp4 to c:\vi
deo\web\tivo-bo.15000101-go_niles_day4_pod.mp4
DEBUG:root:ffmpeg output=FFmpeg version SVN-r11870, Copyright (c) 2000-2008 Fabr
ice Bellard, et al.
configuration: --enable-gpl --enable-pp --enable-swscaler --enable-pthreads --
enable-liba52 --enable-avisynth --enable-libfaac --enable-libfaad --enable-libgs
m --enable-libmp3lame --enable-libnut --enable-libtheora --enable-libvorbis --en
able-libx264 --enable-libxvid --cpu=i686 --enable-memalign-hack --extra-ldflags=
-static
libavutil version: 49.6.0
libavcodec version: 51.50.0
libavformat version: 52.7.0
libavdevice version: 52.0.0
built on Feb 5 2008 23:46:38, gcc: 4.2.3
Input #0, mov,mp4,m4a,3gp,3g2,mj2, from 'c:\video\web\tivo-bo.15000101-go_niles_
day4_pod.mp4':
Duration: 00:04:27.1, start: 0.000000, bitrate: 1320 kb/s
Stream #0.0(und): Audio: mpeg4aac, 48000 Hz, stereo
Must supply at least one output file

DEBUG:root:failed at video codec
Exception in thread Thread-2:
File "C:\Python25\lib\threading.py", line 460, in __bootstrap
self.run()
File "C:\Python25\lib\threading.py", line 440, in run
self.__target(*self.__args, **self.__kwargs)
File "C:\Program Files\pyTivo2008-04-07-0b555\plugins\webvideo\webvideo.py", l
ine 118, in processDlRequest
file_info.update(self.metadata_full(file_name, tsn))
File "C:\Program Files\pyTivo2008-04-07-0b555\plugins\video\video.py", line 30
4, in metadata_full
duration_delta = timedelta(milliseconds = duration)
TypeError: unsupported type for timedelta milliseconds component: NoneType

ffmpeg didn't find a video track and neither could mediaInfo. The file is 43 MB which is consistent with the 4:27 duration reported by ffmpeg. And that duration matches the Tivo info screen.

I restarted pyTivo and was browsing around on the tivo when I noticed ffmpeg was running and in fact was transcoding that .mp4 file over to the tivo NPL. The result was excellent quality and even had a page of metadata.

Here are some highlights from the command window:

INFO:pyTivo.webvideo:Downloading http://www.podtrac.com/pts/redirect.mp4?http://
podcasts.g4tv.com/videoDB/018/566/video18566/go_niles_day4_pod.mp4 to c:\video\w
eb\tivo-bo.15000101-go_niles_day4_pod.mp4
INFO:pyTivo:pyTivo is ready.
DEBUG:pyTivo.webvideo:File was not done byut could not resume. http://www.podtra
c.com/pts/redirect.mp4?http://podcasts.g4tv.com/videoDB/018/566/video18566/go_ni
les_day4_pod.mp4

and a little later:

INFO:pyTivo.webvideo:Done downloading http://www.podtrac.com/pts/redirect.mp4?ht
tp://podcasts.g4tv.com/videoDB/018/566/video18566/go_niles_day4_pod.mp4 to c:\vi
deo\web\tivo-bo.15000101-go_niles_day4_pod.mp4

At that point ffmpeg ran OK on the file (just to get info I think).

Later:

DEBUG:root:CACHE HIT! c:\video\web\tivo-bo.15000101-go_niles_day4_pod.mp4
DEBUG:pyTivo.video.transcode:FALSE, type h264 not mpeg2video. c:\video\web\tivo-
bo.15000101-go_niles_day4_pod.mp4
DEBUG:pyTivo.video.transcode:c:\video\web\tivo-bo.15000101-go_niles_day4_pod.mp4
is not tivo compatible

A little later:

DEBUG:pyTivo.video.transcode:File=c:\video\web\tivo-bo.15000101-go_niles_day4_po
d.mp4 Type=h264 width=640 height=480 fps=29.97 millisecs=267100 ratio=133 rheigh
t=3 rwidth=4 TIVO_HEIGHT=480TIVO_WIDTH=544
DEBUG:pyTivo.video.transcode:File is within 4:3 list.
DEBUG:root:transcoding to tivo model 649 using ffmpeg command:

Then it transcoded to the NPL after which it deleted the .mp4 file.

One theory is the first download was a few bytes short of complete and it was able to pick it up later (after a pyTivo restart) and complete the file. I would have liked to try the file again in VLC or WMP11 and mediaInfo but it was deleted.

Could there be something missing to complete the file downloads right at the end? Something similar to a flush or close?

Kind of chaotic but showing definite signs of working.

krkeegan
Site Admin

PostPosted: Tue Apr 08, 2008 7:12 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

subatomic wrote:
1. how do I get this software? I see so many different forks under CurrentRelease, but nothing as new as April 7th, which is when you announced "webvideo was working".
Do I need to dig into the Browse Source on trac? is there an easy way to get a tarball of this?

2. I have been using krkeegan's windows installer, which was last updated 3.28.2008.
Is there a date that we expect to have the webvideo added to the windows installer?

3. Is there a file, or files, I can grab to patch the windows installer to support webvideos?

4.Is it completely finished, or does support for the tivo pushing subscription requests to pyTivo still need to be tested/finished up? (it sounded like you got video folders working, but maybe hadn't tested the webvideo yet?)
I divided your questions up and I will do my best to answer them.

1. Armooo has been working hard on this and is much faster and better at this stuff than I am so I am leaving it up to him. I believe browsing the main pyTivo repo and selecting snapshot of the most recent version is the only way to get this at the moment.

2. No there is no date. I try and keep the windows installer up to date with bug fixes(there will likely be another one in the next day or so). However, the windows installer is designed for the AVERAGE user, so I try and keep it as a fully function easy to use distribution.

To my knowledge the push videos support is still somewhat buggy and not quite ready for mass market use(It doesn't have documentation, and may not be completely intuitive).

3. An advanced user could create a patch to apply to the windows installer version to include the updates, but I really wouldn't that is just a headache.

4. I think it still has more tweaking to go, but again Armooo is really the best source on this.

---------------------

In the end unless you are comfortable playing with python I would wait a little while longer. I will put it in the windows installer as soon as it is ready for general release.
subatomic

PostPosted: Tue Apr 08, 2008 8:40 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

thanks for the info krkeegan! I'll wait for your installer,

In the meantime, just for fun, I played with armoo's latest in git, from here: http://repo.or.cz/w/pyTivo.git , (with the understanding it's work in progress. fun stuff!) Smile
I got it sort of running for a while anyway. here's how.
- install the krkeegan win32 installer (I already had this installed and running)...
- install the latest git source from armooo in another folder
- install xmpppy and dnspython win32 installers
- copy over the pyTivo.conf pyTivoService.exe pyTivoService.ini pyTivo.bat stuff
- add tivo_username, and tivo_password to the server section
- rename krkeegan dir to pyTivo2, rename new armooo git dir to pyTivo.
- run the pyTivo.py
- start the service using the old link already in the start menu from the krkeegan install, it works.
- configure through the webserver a WebVideo section
- restart it all, rerun pyTivo.py, see lots of connection output ending with: INFO:pyTivo:pyTivo is ready.

cool... but now pytivo.py fails to run, no idea why. seems like a login problem with "internalerror" and "bodyId" messages... but my name pass is the same as before. eh, well, that was fun anyway.
the server's at least running and seems to support all the old stuff just fine.

wmcbrine

PostPosted: Tue Apr 08, 2008 3:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

krkeegan wrote:
1. Armooo has been working hard on this and is much faster and better at this stuff than I am so I am leaving it up to him. I believe browsing the main pyTivo repo and selecting snapshot of the most recent version is the only way to get this at the moment.

My fork is also tracking armooo's source now. (I'd like to merge in recent changes from the other forks, but there are some conflicts to resolve.) But in general, I'd agree. I think the only reason to choose mine would be to get the "clean" or "semi-clean" branch, if you wanted that.

I have yet to actually test the webvideo plugin. Sorry, I'm way behind on a lot of things...

real_armooo
pyTivo Creator

PostPosted: Wed Apr 09, 2008 3:22 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

While getting the requests from the tivo working I broke the push web interface. It also looks like all that is working from the tivo interface is the download now function. It seems like I will need to build a podcasting application into the webvideo plugin to support subscriptions. It also looks like TD checks the tivo's now playing to count the number of shows from subscriptions and only pushes if it is less than the max allowed for the subscription.
real_armooo
pyTivo Creator

PostPosted: Wed Apr 09, 2008 5:45 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

It looks like only one program/computer can maintain subscriptions maybe even use push. It looks like my TD (which was not running) fell behind the mind server while I was running pyTivo. It was just spamming syncPing requests I am guessing to catch up to the server. I stopped it by creating a pcBody with pcBodyStore with replaceExisting set. When I restarted tivo desktop it asked me to overwrite the pyTivo pcBody I just made and then it was working again. I bet there is some file that you could just delete from tivo desktop.
sicklybutsexy

PostPosted: Thu Apr 10, 2008 3:07 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I can now push videos to any of my 2 tivos from my windows xp machine. Haven't been able to request webvideos from the tivo however.
ebf

PostPosted: Sun Apr 27, 2008 4:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Have you all gotten the Desktop "custom" seriesIDs to work with this pyTiVo push system? Desktop's new push creates folders in Now Playing based on the computer folder names.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    pyTivo Discussion Forum Forum Index -> pyTivo All times are GMT
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next
Page 6 of 8

Jump to: