pyTivo Discussion Forum Forum Index pyTivo Discussion Forum
Answers and the development of pyTivo a TiVo transcoding server

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

TiVo Desktop 2.6
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    pyTivo Discussion Forum Forum Index -> pyTivo
 View previous topic :: View next topic  
krkeegan
Site Admin

PostPosted: Mon Mar 31, 2008 4:52 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

oh wow. boo. Well I hope everything works out well.
dlfl

PostPosted: Thu Apr 03, 2008 3:26 am    Post subject: Hmmmmm.... Reply with quote

real_armooo wrote:
I updated my repo with a version of pytivo that supports pushing videos.

You need to add tivo_username and tivo_password to your pyTivo.conf.
After that you can goto http://localhost:9032 and click on your share name. Select the tivo from the drop down an hit "Send to tivo". It seems to work for me.

I downloaded the latest Armooo zip (pyTivo-2008-03-28-master-4574b4f1b1074c71a4cc2a2c75361462d9a8fc3b.zip), added user_name and user_password items to pytivo.conf and connected to port 9032 in my browser. (IE7, I'm running Windows XP SP2, with Python 2.5 installed).

My shares showed up as links but when I clicked one of them I got these kind of hieroglyphics:

Quote:
<my TSN> 0 4 x-container/tivo-videos x-container/folder 4 -228363182 x-container/folder x-tivo-container/tivo-dvr -1075808949 2 0x45e8f441 /TiVoConnect?Command=QueryContainer&Container=LapTop%20Downloads/Eagles x-tivo-container/folder x-container/folder x-tivo-container/tivo-dvr 702039371 3 0x4621bf73 /TiVoConnect?Command=QueryContainer&Container=LapTop%20Downloads/HueyLewis x-tivo-container/folder x-container/folder x-tivo-container/tivo-dvr 821127747 2 0x45e8eead /TiVoConnect?Command=QueryContainer&Container=LapTop%20Downloads/Queen x-tivo-container/folder x-container/folder x-tivo-container/tivo-dvr -355526334 1 0x462c0927 /TiVoConnect?Command=QueryContainer&Container=LapTop%20Downloads/StevieRVaughan x-tivo-container/folder

I wondered if I needed to enter my MAK so enabled the web admin feature and did that and looked at my NPL.

But the behavior of the "Push" feature didn't change.

Did I miss something? Does Desktop need to be running? Or the beacon server? (I still use Desktop 2.3 and usually have the server beacon stopped.)

After these experiments I noticed the Desktop icon was missing from my system tray and found that neither it or the beacon server could be run from the start menu. Finally had to completely uninstall/reinstall Desktop to get it working OK again. Apparently it was the web admin stuff that caused this because I just did the "push" attempt again and Desktop is still OK. I'm suspecting the Armooo code doesn't have the web admin stuff properly merged -- but that's not the main issue. I just wanted to do a push!

real_armooo
pyTivo Creator

PostPosted: Thu Apr 03, 2008 4:14 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I only tested in firefox.

I added a xsl to the normal tivo xml output that turns it in to html. I am guessing ie is not using is an showing the raw xml.
krkeegan
Site Admin

PostPosted: Thu Apr 03, 2008 4:19 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I really don't think that the web admin caused desktop to become corrupted. I have been running both for a while without any issues.

Unfortunately I am not familiar with armooo's push feature, but I was able to get a previous version to work after he had merged with my branch. I can say that desktop doesn't need to be running or installed to get the push function to work.
dlfl

PostPosted: Thu Apr 03, 2008 12:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

krkeegan wrote:
I really don't think that the web admin caused desktop to become corrupted. I have been running both for a while without any issues.

Unfortunately I am not familiar with armooo's push feature, but I was able to get a previous version to work after he had merged with my branch. I can say that desktop doesn't need to be running or installed to get the push function to work.

I believe you run Windows. Was your success with FireFox or IE? If it was with IE, can you tell me which revision of Armooo's code worked for you?

Regarding the xsl, I checked the add-ins on my IE and it seems to have the latest xsl template add-ins enabled.

dlfl

PostPosted: Thu Apr 03, 2008 1:48 pm    Post subject: xsl in IE Reply with quote

real_armooo wrote:
I only tested in firefox.

I added a xsl to the normal tivo xml output that turns it in to html. I am guessing ie is not using is an showing the raw xml.

Here are the top two lines of the source received by my browser:

<?xml version="1.0" encoding="ISO-8859-1" ?>
<?xml-stylesheet type="text/xsl" href="/TiVoConnect?Command=XSL&amp;Container=LapTop%20pyTivo%20Main"?>

I'm guessing xml-stylesheet type="text/xsl" is the xsl directive you send. Is "text/xsl" correct? (Not "html/xsl" ?)

real_armooo
pyTivo Creator

PostPosted: Thu Apr 03, 2008 1:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I think the content type may need to be application/xml; charset=UTF-8 for ie, but I looked with ie6 and it worked without it for me.
real_armooo
pyTivo Creator

PostPosted: Sat Apr 05, 2008 8:11 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I now have an messy script that runs external to pytivo that gets the xmpp messages, get the list of work from the mind queue, downloads the files to a hardcoded directory. Updates the work in the mind queue to complete and sends a request to the tivo to download it from a hard coded pytivo server/share.
reneg

PostPosted: Sun Apr 06, 2008 12:45 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sounds like excellent progress.
real_armooo
pyTivo Creator

PostPosted: Sun Apr 06, 2008 8:03 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ok webvideo should now be "working".

I have not tested a subscription being pushed only download now, but it should work if tivo added the same type of message to the queue (which I think they will). If anyone knows a video that will come out soon I will subscribe to it.

It requires xmpppy.
The downloaded videos will not be cleaned up.

Add a section like this to your pyTivo.conf
The videos will be downloaded to the path you give it

Code:

[WebVideo]
type = webvideo
path = /home/armooo/Videos/web
[/code]
gmd

PostPosted: Sun Apr 06, 2008 11:32 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

real_armooo wrote:
Ok webvideo should now be "working".

Installed, and looks to be "working" - lots of xmpp messages go by on startup -- not sure what else is supposed to happen though. Where do I configure the subscriptions?

wmcbrine

PostPosted: Sun Apr 06, 2008 12:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

gmd wrote:
Where do I configure the subscriptions?

On the TiVo box, under "Find Programs", "Download TV, Movies & Web Video", "Browse Other Videos". The ones at the end of the list with the computer icons are the ones for which TiVo offers a subscription that you have to encode on your end.

armooo, awesome work!

gmd

PostPosted: Sun Apr 06, 2008 6:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

wmcbrine wrote:

armooo, awesome work!

That is cool. If only my ffmpeg could convert those m4v files. *sigh* What options are required to get that codec?

Edit:

Ubuntu 7.10:

Code:

#!/bin/sh
sudo apt-get build-dep ffmpeg

sudo apt-get install liblame-dev libfaad2-dev \
libfaac-dev libxvidcore4-dev liba52-0.7.4 \
liba52-0.7.4-dev libx264-dev checkinstall \
build-essential subversion

svn checkout svn://svn.mplayerhq.hu/ffmpeg/trunk ffmpeg

cd ./ffmpeg

./configure --enable-gpl --enable-libvorbis \
--enable-liba52 \
--enable-libgsm --disable-debug \
--enable-libmp3lame --enable-libfaad --enable-libfaac \
--enable-libxvid --enable-pthreads --enable-libx264

make

sudo checkinstall -D make install

dlfl

PostPosted: Mon Apr 07, 2008 3:19 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

real_armooo wrote:
Ok webvideo should now be "working". .......

Installed xmpppy and pyTivo-2008-04-06-master-7b28990b5af30df5f624c94e39699cec8839543a.zip and added the WebVideo config section . pyTivo runs and spits out many many messages at startup - none that I noticed say error.
It sits there taking 100% of processor time and I'm not sure what it's doing or what it should be doing. Nothing much showing in WireShark after the startup. Don't see anything new on the <myIP>:9032 page. Wmcbrine's hint about subsciptions didn't help me.

The xmpppy package throws an import warning about a missing dns package. Is that needed?

I am using FireFox now -- which got the "push" working.

real_armooo
pyTivo Creator

PostPosted: Mon Apr 07, 2008 3:40 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

dlfl you don't have Find Programs | Download TV, Movies & Web Video | Browse Other Videos on your tivo? This plugin should respond to requests from the HME app that tivo is running. It sends a request to your PC to download a video. You should be seeing some https connections to mind.tivo.com on startup and a xmpp connection to 208.73.181.192:5224 (That will start tls).
Post new topic   Reply to topic    pyTivo Discussion Forum Forum Index -> pyTivo All times are GMT
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next
Page 5 of 8

Jump to: