Posted: Mon Nov 16, 2009 11:00 pm Post subject: Show Names when Browsing .TIVO files from TIVO
1) Use pyTivo to transfer show from Tivo to FileShare
2) File shows up in fileshare as Showname_12345.tivo
3) Use Tivo to browse fileshare. File share shows Showname_12345
4) Get 'Info' or 'Select' Showname_12345. All metadata shows up with full show description and all other goodies.
5) Go 'back' to file share list on Tivo. Showname_12345 is now listed as Showname.
Problem: I want to browse the fileshare via Tivo and have it list the show as 'Showname - Bill and Susie Have Fun' instead of 'Showname' or 'Showname_12345'.
My metadata is definetly working as clicking 'Info' shows all relavent information.
Any help is very much appreciated. I tried to search the forum first but mostly just found people having trouble pushing custom metadata.
First off, I just want to say thanks for the quick response and for this awesome software. It has made my tivo everything it should be.
[I am using the most recent build, 11-12-2009]
So I took your suggestion and ran the 'Metadata.py' script above but its not quite working as I was expecting. Also, this time I will try to be more specific.
1) Transfer 'Dinosaur Train' [Night Train; Fossil Fred] from Tivo to PC using pyTivo
2) File shows up as 'Dinosaur Train - 397468.tivo'
3) I run 'metadata.py' and generate 'Dinosaur Train - 397468.tivo.txt'
4) I browse PC using Tivo and in my share I see a file entry for 'Dinosaur Train'
5) When I select this entry all meta data is there.
6) When the tivo is listing the files in my share the network capture indicates that a full metadata listing is sent.
It seems that when Tivo is browsing .tivo files via pyTivo it only displays the 'Title' or 'Series Title' instead of 'Series Title' + 'Episode Title'.
How can I get the Tivo to display the 'Series Title' + 'Episode Title' when brosewing these files?
[I attached the Dinosaur Train - 397468.tivo.txt file]
You cannot post new topics in this forum You cannot reply to topics in this forum You cannot edit your posts in this forum You cannot delete your posts in this forum You cannot vote in polls in this forum You cannot attach files in this forum You can download files in this forum