pyTivo Discussion Forum Forum Index pyTivo Discussion Forum
Answers and the development of pyTivo a TiVo transcoding server

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

pytivo worked for awhile now stopped working

Post new topic   Reply to topic    pyTivo Discussion Forum Forum Index -> Support
 View previous topic :: View next topic  
rastoma

PostPosted: Mon Sep 07, 2009 10:56 pm    Post subject: pytivo worked for awhile now stopped working Reply with quote

I have been using pytivo for several weeks now and it worked immediately on the first time I installed it. I was using Visa Premium.

About a week ago I did a wipe and install of Windows 7 Ultimate. I installed Python and PyTivo and it worked fine first time once again.

Starting yesterday with no changes and no other software being installed and no updates being applied, my Tivo HD can no longer see my PC, meaning I can no longer see the download folder from my PC.

The Tivo still can access online services and I can ping the Tivo's IP.

I have removed pytivo and python and did reinstalls. I removed all entries from the registry regarding pytivo before reinstalling.

I installed python, restarted, installed pyTivo-wmcbrine-2009.03.19-RC1 restarted, then manually started pytivo and get:

Checking to see if pyTivo is already running . . .

Starting pyTivo Server. Use ctrl+Break to exit.

C:\Program Files\pyTivo\Cheetah\CacheRegion.py:30: DeprecationWarning: the md5 m
odule is deprecated; use hashlib instead
import md5
2009-09-07 16:44:18,440 INFO pyTivo: pyTivo is ready.

My pytivo conf file:

[Server]
port=9032
ffmpeg=C:\Program Files\pyTivo\bin\ffmpeg.exe
temp=C:\Users\Public\Documents\pyTivo

[_tivo_HD]

[_tivo_SD]

[My Videos]
type=video
path=E:\Downloads

[Admin]
type=admin

[loggers]
keys=root

[handlers]
keys=console,rotfile

[formatters]
keys=basicform

[logger_root]
level=DEBUG
handlers=console,rotfile

[handler_console]
class=StreamHandler
formatter=basicform
args=(sys.stdout,)

[handler_rotfile]
class=handlers.RotatingFileHandler
formatter=basicform
args=('C:\Users\Public\Documents\pyTivo\debug.log', 'a', 10485760, 5)

[formatter_basicform]
format=%(asctime)s %(levelname)-5s %(name)s: %(message)s
toolkit

PostPosted: Tue Sep 08, 2009 1:46 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Have you tried rebooting the TiVo? If you haven't, then that would be my first suggestion.
rdian06

PostPosted: Tue Sep 08, 2009 2:22 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yeah, first try to reboot your Tivo.

Second, verify that there is a Windows Firewall exception for TCP 9032 inbound. The installer should have configured this, but Windows 7 may have changed the firewall configuration syntax. I haven't had a chance to test it yet.
jasonj75

PostPosted: Mon Nov 16, 2009 3:50 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Any luck with resolving this? I'm in the same boat. Post Win7 install, everything was fine the first go around, but a day or two later when I went back my TiVo couldn't see anything.

Reinstalled just like rdian06, rebooted (both PC and TiVo), and confirmed 9032 is open. Also, http://localhost:9032 comes back 'page cannot be displayed'.
rdian06

PostPosted: Mon Nov 16, 2009 4:12 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

jasonj75 wrote:
Any luck with resolving this? I'm in the same boat. Post Win7 install, everything was fine the first go around, but a day or two later when I went back my TiVo couldn't see anything.

Reinstalled just like rdian06, rebooted (both PC and TiVo), and confirmed 9032 is open. Also, http://localhost:9032 comes back 'page cannot be displayed'.

Are you trying to open http://localhost:9032 on the same machine running pyTivo? If so, the 'page cannot be displayed' error means pyTivo isn't running (or wasn't able to bind to TCP 9032.) Try stopping the pyTivo service using the Start menu item (remember to right click and choose Run as administrator), then use the Start on Console option so you can see the debug messages.

If you're trying to access it from a remote machine, you need to use http://<ip of pyTivo box>:9032
Post new topic   Reply to topic    pyTivo Discussion Forum Forum Index -> Support All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: