pyTivo Discussion Forum Forum Index pyTivo Discussion Forum
Answers and the development of pyTivo a TiVo transcoding server

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

"No information available" when clicking on video

Post new topic   Reply to topic    pyTivo Discussion Forum Forum Index -> Support
 View previous topic :: View next topic  
vulture99

PostPosted: Sun Mar 23, 2008 11:31 pm    Post subject: "No information available" when clicking on video Reply with quote

Hi,

I have a bunch of audio and video files on a Linux server that I want to play on my new TiVo HD unit. I set up pyTivo and got a "My Movies" folder to appear under the Now Playing List on the TiVo. I can click on it and see all of my video titles.

When I click on a video title, I get a screen with the text "No information available." The menu choice at the bottom says "Press Select to go back." Twice when I clicked Select to go back, my TiVo box rebooted. Other times I have clicked the left arrow to go back and it has been ok.

I am new to this so I'm hoping I made some simple mistake. Can you guys help me figure out how to play my video files? Thanks.

Here is some more info:

I have about 100 video files in the "My Movies" directory (mostly .avi, some .mpg).

* The Linux server is running an older version of Fedora (5, I think).
* I have a TiVo HD running v9.2
* I grabbed the top-most wgw snapshot yesterday (can't recall the url, sorry)

I am using a very simple pyTivo.conf for now:

[Server]
port=9032
ffmpeg=/usr/bin/ffmpeg

[My Movies]
type=video
path=/raid/media/video/movies
wgw

PostPosted: Sun Mar 23, 2008 11:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I think the path you specified to ffmpeg might be incomplete. The exact filename of your ffmpeg executable should be included. For example: ffmpeg=/usr/bin/ffmpeg.exe
wmcbrine

PostPosted: Sun Mar 23, 2008 11:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

wgw wrote:
I think the path you specified to ffmpeg might be incomplete. The exact filename of your ffmpeg executable should be included. For example: ffmpeg=/usr/bin/ffmpeg.exe

Um, no, that's a Linux-style path, and Linux doesn't use ".exe".

I don't think that would be the problem anyway, but I have no input as to what it would be. You could post pyTivo's output from just before this happens. You might also try older snapshots, to see if this is a problem that developed recently.

vulture99

PostPosted: Mon Mar 24, 2008 12:24 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks guys, it was a dumb mistake on my part. When I originally typed "which ffmpeg" I was in a different shell and logged on to another server. The FC5 server I mentioned didn't have ffmpeg at all (oops). That's fixed and everything is working properly now - I am transferring a video file and can play it as it is transferring, etc.

This might be a silly question, but is it possible to just point the TiVo box to a collection of video files and have it stream them over the network (i.e., without having to transfer them first)? I am coming from MythTV where I had an NFS share set up and could play all kinds of stuff over the network this way. I have lots of short video clips (digicam videos of the kids) and it would stink to have to do a transfer every time we want to watch one. How are others dealing with this kind of situation?

Thanks very much for your fast replies.
krkeegan
Site Admin

PostPosted: Mon Mar 24, 2008 12:57 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Not yet, but with the recent release of TiVoDesktop 2.6 we have some new features to work on and we may be able to do this soon.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    pyTivo Discussion Forum Forum Index -> Support All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: