pyTivo Discussion Forum Forum Index pyTivo Discussion Forum
Answers and the development of pyTivo a TiVo transcoding server
 FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Moving files after transferring

View previous topic :: View next topic  

PostPosted: Tue Apr 08, 2014 2:13 am    Post subject: Moving files after transferring Reply with quote

First off let me say that pyTivo is a GREAT program that really does a super job. A BIG SHOUT out to WMCBRINE.

The only thing that was missing from it was the ability to keep track of which shows that I have already watched/transferred. Having a couple of Tivos in the house made this even more of an issue. I wanted to track what my wife and I watched from our Tivo but let the kids also watch the shows if they wanted to.

I solved this issue by enhancing pyTivo to allow me to “move” files watched from one or all Tivos to a “watched” folder. You can specify that certain SHAREs not “move” the files. Or you can also set up specific folders within SHAREs that would not be move.

The watched folder can be in a couple of different places depending on the flags that are set.

They can be:
“relative” – “Watch” folder is prepended to the current folder.
“absolute” – “Watched” folder is defined as a specific Drive and Path.
“beginning” - The current folder is appended to “watched” folder.
“share” - Makes the “watched” folder start at the “share” path and then the rest of the subfolders appended.
"rename” – Prepend to the filename either the TIVO_NAME or text.
“delete” – Delete the file after transferring. Must also set the 'move_watch_switch’ to ‘delete’

You also have the ability to log which shows are transferred to each Tivo in separate log files or to one log file for all Tivos.

Download the attached file and rename it to (you must be logged in to see the attached file)

To use this:
1. Add the file to pyTivo\plugins\video folder
2. Add 2 lines to pyTivo\plugins\video\ according to the comments
3. Modify pytivo.cong according to the comments
Post new topic   Reply to topic    pyTivo Discussion Forum Forum Index -> Hacks All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: