pyTivo Discussion Forum Forum Index pyTivo Discussion Forum
Answers and the development of pyTivo a TiVo transcoding server

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Feature request - Push to cloud

Post new topic   Reply to topic    pyTivo Discussion Forum Forum Index -> pyTivo
 View previous topic :: View next topic  
Socal Tom

PostPosted: Mon May 16, 2016 1:50 am    Post subject: Feature request - Push to cloud Reply with quote

I've been using plex to try and watch shows when I'm traveling. However, my upload speed is about 1M/min and decent quality takes 1.5M/min so that hasn't been much fun. So option 2 has become using a dlna app that can access my cloud storage. with 15GB on googledrive, I can fit an evenings worth of mp4s Its become kind of complicated to log into my vpn, log into my windows machine, transfer a file from my pytivo server to my google drive directory. I was wondering if it would be possible to use pyTivo for this. Then I could just connect to my pytivo webserver and push any shows I wanted directly to the cloud in one shot.

The concept would be that we would add a push option that could take files ( mp4 usually) and push them to a previously identified cloud directory.

I can see two ways of doing it.
Option one would pull from saved files on the server.
It would require some sort of configuration option to set up where the files would go, and it would be really awesome if it could also use ffm eg to convert them to a predefined mp4 configuration as it was doing it.

Option 2 would pull shows from the tivo, but direct them to the cloud drive, and use ffmpeg to encode them to an mp4. This would mean probably adding another check box at the bottom that said "send to cloud" and some additional configuration boxes in the global config.

I can delete them remotely using a google drive app, and most decent dlna apps will access the major cloud services for video.

Is this something reasonably doable?
Thanks
Tom
Post new topic   Reply to topic    pyTivo Discussion Forum Forum Index -> pyTivo All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: