pyTivo Discussion Forum Forum Index pyTivo Discussion Forum
Answers and the development of pyTivo a TiVo transcoding server

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Do you need active service for pyTivo to work?

Post new topic   Reply to topic    pyTivo Discussion Forum Forum Index -> General
 View previous topic :: View next topic  
jgarcia79

PostPosted: Sun Oct 04, 2009 4:33 pm    Post subject: Do you need active service for pyTivo to work? Reply with quote

Ive had Tivo service for about 3 years now. A friend of mine is just got on the Tivo wagon about 4 months ago, but for some unforeseen reasons has to cancel his service. He still wants to be able to transfer videos to and from his PC. Will he be able to do this with pyTivo without a Tivo subscription or does he still need to have the Tivo subscription?
wmcbrine

PostPosted: Sun Oct 04, 2009 7:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sorry, but yes, you do need a subscription. The TiVo will do very little without one, and it won't do any network transfers. IIRC, it's limited to playing back existing recordings, and trick play of LiveTV.
jgarcia79

PostPosted: Sun Oct 04, 2009 7:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks. I will let him know. I've been using pyTivo myself for a couple of months and have loved it and just thought this might be a good option for him, but I guess not. Well, thanks again for the info.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    pyTivo Discussion Forum Forum Index -> General All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: