pyTivo Discussion Forum Forum Index pyTivo Discussion Forum
Answers and the development of pyTivo a TiVo transcoding server

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Choppy video on TiVo from DVD mpeg2

Post new topic   Reply to topic    pyTivo Discussion Forum Forum Index -> Support
 View previous topic :: View next topic  
jimpmc

PostPosted: Thu Apr 30, 2009 2:44 pm    Post subject: Choppy video on TiVo from DVD mpeg2 Reply with quote

I have ripped many DVDs to single VOB/mpg and transferred them successfully to the TiVo HD using pyTivo. I have also successfully dealt specific issues for certain files like timecode breaks, etc. as mentioned in the VOB thread above.

I am having a new issue with episdoes from the DVD version of The Tudors season 1. The files play fine on the PC, but when transferred to the TiVo they all play back with choppy video. It's like it's dropping frames and can't keep up with the real-time video. This happens only with these files.

Here's what ffmpeg is reporting:
Code:

C:\Program Files\pyTivo\plugins\video>ffmpeg_mp2 -i "x:\myvideos\thetudors-s1e1.mpg"
FFmpeg version SVN-r11870, Copyright (c) 2000-2008 Fabrice Bellard, et al.
  configuration: --enable-gpl --enable-pp --enable-swscaler --enable-pthreads --
enable-liba52 --enable-avisynth --enable-libfaac --enable-libfaad --enable-libgs
m --enable-libmp3lame --enable-libnut --enable-libtheora --enable-libvorbis --en
able-libx264 --enable-libxvid --cpu=i686 --enable-memalign-hack --extra-ldflags=
-static
  libavutil version: 49.6.0
  libavcodec version: 51.50.0
  libavformat version: 52.7.0
  libavdevice version: 52.0.0
  built on Feb  5 2008 23:46:38, gcc: 4.2.3
Input #0, mpeg, from 'x:\myvideos\thetudors-s1e1.mpg':
  Duration: 00:55:40.4, start: 0.300300, bitrate: 5736 kb/s
    Stream #0.0[0x1e0]: Video: mpeg2video, yuv420p, 720x480 [PAR 128:81 DAR 64:2
7], 7500 kb/s, 29.97 tb(r)
    Stream #0.1[0x80]: Audio: liba52, 48000 Hz, 5:1, 448 kb/s
Must supply at least one output file

Any ideas about what's different about these files?

THanks
Post new topic   Reply to topic    pyTivo Discussion Forum Forum Index -> Support All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: