pyTivo Discussion Forum Forum Index pyTivo Discussion Forum
Answers and the development of pyTivo a TiVo transcoding server

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Can't Download Video to Tivo

Post new topic   Reply to topic    pyTivo Discussion Forum Forum Index -> Support
 View previous topic :: View next topic  
eatmydave

PostPosted: Mon Jan 14, 2008 8:30 pm    Post subject: Can't Download Video to Tivo Reply with quote

I am a new user, moderately proficient with doing these kinds of things. I have installed python and pytivo. I believe I configured everything correctly. I can see my folders and files on my tivo. When I tell the tivo to transfer the file, it goes to the NPL and shows the file with a blue dot next to it. When I try to play the file it says that it needs to transfer more. After about twenty minutes of leaving it alone the file just disappears. I have my firewall open to the port that I set in the config file. Do I need to open the same port in my router? What could I be doing wrong? BTW, I have a single tuner series two (unhacked), using the tivo wifi adapter on a G router. I see the tivo connected to my network. Tivo Desktop works.
PaulS

PostPosted: Mon Jan 14, 2008 9:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I have similar results, but only with particular file types, while trying to send videos to my Series3.

AVI encapculated XVID files can be sent and played on my S3, with 100% success rate.

MKV encapsulated H.264 files exhibit the same behavior you see. The blue-dotted entry appears in NPL, but either disappears or results in a 0:00 length file when the transfer is aborted after a few seconds.

Network connectivity between the S3 and PC is 802.11g, and is fine otherwise.

I'm going to try a snapshot of wmcbrine's latest git repository tonight to see if this changes things a bit. I'm also following THIS THREAD, as it seems that is may also pertain to my problem.
PaulS

PostPosted: Tue Jan 15, 2008 2:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

It turned out that I had two problems.

Firstly, the other thread was absolutely correct. My setting of 12Mi video_br was too low, so I bumped it up to 14Mi.

Secondly, my audio ffmpeg_parms were incorrect as well. Since I'm currently going with the qscale method, I removed the -ab and -ar parameters, and kicked my audio_br up to 384Kb.

After making these two adjustments, all of my transfers are successful. However, I'm not sure I'll stick with the qscale method, since the results aren't exactly where I'd like them.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    pyTivo Discussion Forum Forum Index -> Support All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: