pyTivo Discussion Forum Forum Index pyTivo Discussion Forum
Answers and the development of pyTivo a TiVo transcoding server

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

any way to change the audio stream id value during upload?

Post new topic   Reply to topic    pyTivo Discussion Forum Forum Index -> Support
 View previous topic :: View next topic  
codemonkey76

PostPosted: Sun Dec 21, 2008 2:03 am    Post subject: any way to change the audio stream id value during upload? Reply with quote

So, apparently TivoHD will not play any audio stream unless its stream id is 0x80. I have several mpg files with a single audio stream that for whatever reason has an id of 0x81 instead. I'm trying to find a tool to let me change the stream id, but was wondering whether pytivo might be able to do it (without transcoding) as it transfers to the tivo?
rdian06

PostPosted: Sun Dec 21, 2008 3:51 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

At the end of May 08, wgw committed a patch to allow auto-selecting an audio track when multiple audio tracks are present. The patch should be in recent versions of wgw and wmcbrine's forks.

This is excerpted from plugins/admin/help.txt:

Code:

audio_lang

Recommended Setting: eng
pyTivo Defaults To: blank
Valid Entries: any language tag or audio stream number reported by ffmpeg
Required: No
Skill: Basic
Description: Sets the preferred language track used by pyTivo.  ffmpeg/pytivo defaults to the first audio stream.  Specifying this parameter, tells pyTivo to use the first audio stream that matches this entry if more than one audio stream exists.  If your video source does not have language tags, you may specify the audio stream number reported by ffmpeg (ie. 0.1, 0.2 ect.). Stream references like 0x80, 0x81, etc. may also be specified.<br><br>+\
Example Settings: eng, ger, spa, en, ge, 0.0, 0.1, 0.2, 0x80, 0x81 etc...
Available In: Server, Tivos

So define it in your pyTivo.conf Server section and try setting it to en or eng.

And as per the text above, you can also designate the audio track via the metadata specific to the file (assuming you create the .txt metadata file for the affected source file.)
codemonkey76

PostPosted: Sun Dec 21, 2008 1:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks for the tip.
I downloaded wgw's latest branch and it doesn't seem to have fixed the problem. I added:
audio_lang = 5.1, eng, 0x80, 0x81
to the Server section, hoping it would change the tag on the audio stream from 0x81 to 0x80 as it streamed to the tivo, but i still get no audio.
Am I using it right? Or am I confused and it doesn't do what I expect it to?
Based on the description, it seems like it should be changing the audio stream id of whatever it finds to 0x80.
Thanks for helping!
rdian06

PostPosted: Sun Dec 21, 2008 4:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

codemonkey76 wrote:
Thanks for the tip.
I downloaded wgw's latest branch and it doesn't seem to have fixed the problem. I added:
audio_lang = 5.1, eng, 0x80, 0x81
to the Server section, hoping it would change the tag on the audio stream from 0x81 to 0x80 as it streamed to the tivo, but i still get no audio.
Am I using it right? Or am I confused and it doesn't do what I expect it to?
Based on the description, it seems like it should be changing the audio stream id of whatever it finds to 0x80.
Thanks for helping!

I don't think the setting will take a list. Only one tag.

Try

Code:

audio_lang = eng

or

Code:

audio_lang = en

Or figure out how to use the metadata tags to override the audio on a video by video basis.
wgw

PostPosted: Tue Dec 30, 2008 10:53 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Here's the thread.

http://pytivo.krkeegan.com/post2512.html#2512

Post new topic   Reply to topic    pyTivo Discussion Forum Forum Index -> Support All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: